"BE YOURSELF, EVERYONE ELSE IS TAKEN"

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Layout Week with Kathryn, Sketch 3

This was a fun layout to do.  Once I saw the sketch on Kathryn's blog I knew I wanted to try this for the starburst.  I took vellum and cut along the lines I drew.  Then after distressing all the edges I sewed up the middle of each ray attaching the vellum to my cardstock underneath.  I thought a picture of my son's new motorcycle he had texted me was the perfect subject to scrap for the background starburst.  The stickers used are from Leeza Gibbons for Prima, Wishes and Dreams.  Love that sticker sheet.  Again, please go check out what Kathryn did on her blog as well as what others are doing with this sketch.


2 comments:

  1. Great LO. Love how you used the vellum.

    Jani
    aka paper compulsions

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vellum sunbust is such a cool idea & you executed it so well, too! I really love the orange + mint color combo, too!

    ReplyDelete